 General / 43453
Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:40:16 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
news:Hny5x7.1DE6@lugnet.com...
<snip> Although we didn't check thoroughly, it appeared that we could
actually fit
FEWER flowers by stacking than by haphazardly dumping-- So I'd guess when
your
pieces are small enough, the percentage gain by stacking goes down, and
potentially even gets to less than 100%, depending on your methods...
</snip>

I think it's not just the size of the pieces, it's more the shape. Bricks
have regular shapes that suit stacking. Stacks of flowers probably don't sit
as neatly together as piles of 2x4's do. I think for 1x1 plates stacking
will prove useful, whereas for 1x1 round plates I'm not sure...

Duq