 General / 43469
Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:43:32 GMT

I can show you how to easily get 136-2x4's, 1-2x2, 21-1x4's and 18-2x2's in and
get the lid to snap shut!

<http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/LegoStacking.jpg>

I'm sure with a little work you could get another 2x4 in there in place of
something else but this pattern is easy to build.
If total parts counts worry you there is a little room to get a few 1x4 plates
in there also, that would lower the cost per item a bit more.

Start by filling the bottom (moat) with 18-1x2's on end.
It's space not needed by the larger blocks so you might as well use it.
All 4 center sections can be built in rows and placed inside. The very top has
to be built in the cup so it can float a bit, You can stack 4-2x4's in the
center to fill the cap.
It will take just a little pressure to push the blocks down in the cup but it
will work. It does very slightly dent the side of the cup.
Each row holds more blocks as you work toward the top.

This is the easiest way I have found to stack the cup.
It also only takes a couple minutes to do after a little practice.

Hope this helps.