 General / 43454
Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:13:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote:

I'll append that I also found I could squeeze in 137 2x4's (exactly the same
number Chris came out with-- I was thankful!) into a large cup,

Was the lid  still able to 'lock on' with the 137? I can fit 124 2x4's into the
large container with the top locking on, and i can fit 140 with the top just
placed on top and looking like it fits (but not locking). What pattern are you
using to fit 137 in? I am doing it like this:

      [brick]
   [brick][brick]
(fill to width of cup)
      [brick]

I lay them on the side (studs facing towards side of the cup) and can have 9
layers with the lid locking on, 10 layers with the lid placed on top but not
locking on.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com