 General / 41964
  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Oh, Hi David. After reading the follow-ups on this thread, I realized you were that seller I greeted with a request to keep religion out of BrickLink a few months ago. Matt has used this incident as a way of "prooving" that I don't respect (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) me (...) I think I'll just pray that you dont flame me for praying for you. :) Or maybe I should pray for the flame war? I have seen people come to Christ because of them. :) After that 8month several thousand post discusion/flamewar I was (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Hi David - It's definitely not appropriate for lugnet.general, and might not be appropriate for fun.community, but .people should be OK. Hope this helps! -Tim (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

I decided no to read further than the first 2 lines. Respect is mutual. I offered a real friendly hand-shake, you answered back with god-talk, exactly what you know offends me. That's real nice of you. It just shows your level of respect for others' (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Unfortunately, Terry, many folks can't have an intelligent conversation without refering to god in some way shape or form. They feel that there is a guiding force in their lives that they MUST push down other folks throats 24/7/365. I feel (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

Hi, Please don't take this as an attack... Just a different opinion : ) (...) I wouldn't say this is particularly fair. (Define intelligent conversation : ) ). The reason many Christians talk about God/Jesus so much is because He is their guidance, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Thank You Tim (was Re: For some Lego is a religous experience.)

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HDs1JE.zuF@lugnet.com... (...) would (...) its (...) Tim has got it right- fun.community and .people sound fine to me but no doubt about it- please don't post on .general* My own advise, if (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Thank You Tim (was Re: For some Lego is a religous experience.)

(...) in, (...) Well I dont preach dogma. I speak about a personal saving faith that is individual to each person. But thank you for removing general. I wasnt sure on it. In general (pun intended :) I leave the group decisions up to other people. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) After (...) It is unfortunate. Though I dont feel it is desperate I do have a built in need to talk about God that God has placed within me and as such getting to know me inherrently involves putting up with some level of it. If you really (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

I do want to apologize for one thing. When I wrote that post with all the smileyes I was acting under the assumption that you would be comfortable with some friendly poking and jesting about the subject. Obviosly I was mistaken and you take this (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)