 People / 3661
Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:13:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Terry Prosper writes:
I decided no to read further than the first 2 lines.

Respect is mutual.  I offered a real friendly hand-shake, you answered back
with god-talk, exactly what you know offends me.  That's real nice of you.
It just shows your level of respect for others' choice not to hear your crap.

All I wanted was to make a friend here.  You said no.  I accept that.  After
this post from you, I don't want to hear from you anyway, so it's a good
thing for both of us since you can't respect my integrity as I asked and I
can't withstand your desperate need to talk about god.

Terry

Unfortunately, Terry, many folks can't have an intelligent conversation
without refering to god in
some way shape or form. They feel that there is a guiding force in their
lives that they MUST push
down other folks throats 24/7/365. I feel sorry for them that they can't
live their lives to the
fullest without bowing down to an imaginary higher power.

Now if that didn't raise someone's ire for speaking my peace, I don't know
what will.

Dave -who can play with bricks without chatting about imaginary friends.