 General / 40993
Re: What are your favorite Lego WHEELS of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 07:02:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Stéphane Simard writes:
My favourite is the wheel found in <set:8446> and <set:8457>

Tyre 56 x 30R Balloon:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32180

Wheel 49.6 x 28 VR new
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/22253

The wheel is just perfect for making Killough platforms, it's thin but at the
same time rounded.

It's too bad the 8457 set comes with only 2 of them, though :(

Yeah, it's a bummer. However you get two of a lot of different wheels so bying
two sets (or more) is recommended if you like the wheels. It will produce a
huge amount of clear cylinders though, but I eventually found a use for them.
More on that later (and no, it's not a new use, just a big engine).

And Lego really should have made more vehicles with the Barcode Truck
wheels, they really are that good, the 8462 tow truck would have been much
better with those.

*think* I do have the <set:8462> assembled at home, I think I'll have to try
that. However I think the 8462-wheels are good looking and has a lot of grip.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)