 General / 40961
Re: What are your favorite Lego WHEELS of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 03:31:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.general, Stéphane Simard writes:
Hello all,

The "favorite Lego part" topic was cool, but you couldn't really debate on
usefulness since there was anything from bricks to motors to pins to tools
to hairpieces.

Wheels on the other hand can be compared :)

I am not certain which parts they are, but the tires and hubs used on this
set are probably among my favorites:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6658

Those look really similar to the ones on the tipper truck in this set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/387

Which are a favorite tyre of mine.

But... according to Peeron, they are two different tyres.

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/3634  <-- used in the 387
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2346  <-- used in the 6658

And yet, in the pictures on the LUGNET database, the tyres look very much alike.

Are these in fact the same tyres?  Or are they just similar?  Or am I just
thinking that they look really similar?  :)

Allan B.