 General / 4094
Re: Added Latest Projects to Joe's Lego Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 19:49:23 GMT

Joe Davenport wrote:
<snip>

I think Lego would be better off getting rid of Town Jr.  That is what Duplo
is for.  Bring back Town with garage door segments, car doors and fender
pieces, planes with windows.....   Products for children should not be 'dumbed
down'.  Kids today need mental challenges more than ever.  Even if it means
making a car from 48 pieces instead of 16.

I agree.  Products for children should not be dumbed down.
My seven year old always wants working doors on vehicles...
he wants stairways (or ladders) to the upper floors of
buildings, and he can reconstruct sets he's torn apart
without looking at the instructions.

He's always modifying and expanding on the official set design.
And the one town jr. set he bought with his allowance money never gets
played with, because there are so few parts, there is not much
opportunity to construct anything else.
(It was that lame Power Pitstop #6467, I wish he saved his $10)

-- dave