 General / 40848
    Re: Divorce? —Terry Prosper
   (...) Oh grow up! By "order", I meant I insisted. You think what? That my wife is a stupid person who cannot defend herself against me? If she doesn't want to help, she won't, just as anyone would do. You are pathetic. You attack people telling them (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Divorce? —Matt Hein
     (...) And insisting isn't really ordering. I think DUQ has the sarcasm factor backwards. Kind of funny a humorous post could actually evoke complaints. (...) I'm going to have to side with you on this... What I hate most in a person is when they go (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Divorce? —Terry Prosper
     (...) Well, I'll break my "This is my final post in this thread" promise to reply to the first post in this thread that's right on the spot. Matt, I salute you. I mean, come on people. I don't deserve to be treated this way because i was upset at (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Divorce? —Matt Hein
      (...) Thanks...but I was just saying what I thought came right. (...) I'm not sure why some cannot comprehend sarcasm...in today's society, we *need* humor more than anything. Talking about life as it is shows lurkers that us lego fans have normal (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

         Apology for any hurt feelings (was: Re: Divorce?) —Nathan Wells
      (...) Erm....I believe it was I who posted that. Lesseee, how do I say this...Um, when I read your post, I had gotten home from rebuilding my shed that had just been blown over a steep hill (long story), and I was not in a good mood. I wanted (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

          Re: Apology for any hurt feelings (was: Re: Divorce?) —Terry Prosper
      (...) Apologies accepted :-) Terry PS: A shed blown over a steep hill? Whoa, you should have known better than to blow you shed there ;-) LOL (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Divorce? —James Harkness
     (...) You are still cool with me dude. But I think you should ship your Optimus Prime to my house for safe keeping. I mean who knows what other lego creations she might be it out to destroy! You know if you REALLY think about the events that happned (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Divorce? —Terry Prosper
     (...) when it broke down in parts, I was too busy with visitors to post here... :-) But since it's a MOC, I've decided to keep everything intact until i have time (and patience) to repair it. It's still in ok shape at least! Terry (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Divorce? —Kirby Warden
   All you had to do was say what you meant. But according to you the complainers are being childish because YOU chose all the wrong words to express this "sarcastic" vent? Don't blame us, all we did was read what you wrote. And despite what some may (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Divorce? —Richard Noeckel
   (...) But Kirby, that’s the nature of ‘sarcasm!’ You choose all the “Wrong words” specifically in order to apply an inflection. The “wrong words,” when properly understood, are what create the humor! By explaining the nuances or by being stolidly (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Divorce? —Frank Filz
     (...) You are correct. However, others are also correct that sarcasm usually falls flat when expressed in written form. The problem is that without visual and audial clues from talking to a person in person there is no way to tell if the words are (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Divorce? —Kirby Warden
     (...) Sorry, i have to stick to my guns here. A very probable situation was described and a very realistic interaction took place between the two parties involved. Was he being sarcastic? If so, fine; I must've missed it. The only indication I have (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Divorce? —Terry Prosper
     (...) I won't even answer your question. The fact is: people should not judge me on the mere facts I posted in my story. If you don't think I was sarcastic, that's your opinion, but nobody should have attacked me. Like I said, if you don't like my (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Divorce? —Terry Prosper
   (...) Thanks Richard ! This thread has really got me down, but it's posts like yours that make LUGNET a happy place to be! Terry (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)