 General / 40689
Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:08:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Ummmmmmm, so what if the part came from a different set as long it is the
exact same part?  If anything would seem like madness, it would be the
anal-retentive tracking of a single part.

Oh, I agree completely.  But when it comes to these two terms -- MISB and
MIB -- there really shouldn't be too much messing around with what it's
"supposed" to mean, and what it would mean in almost any other category of
collectable.

The key word here is "exact." Some people will buy a set if they think it
comes with 1x1 round cylinders that are closed stud at the top (instead of
open stud), but feel cheated if they get something else.  Are the two
elements identical functionally? I guess it depends what you want them for,
right?

Mileage will obviously vary, but I have been burned enough on eBay to be
relatively cautious about spending too much money there.  Maybe Bricklink is
more expensive -- my hope is to get what I want in the condition I want
without having to haggle with amateurs and non-brick lovers.  You get what
you pay for.

-- Hop-Frog