 General / 40643
Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:00:15 GMT

Hi Steve and all!

In lugnet.announce, Steve Scott writes:
Hi Folks

Announcing www.misbi.com the web's first fully searchable archive of
historical prices achieved by MISB and MIB Lego sets on Ebay.

Not only can you check previous prices in US Dollars, Euros and Pounds
Sterling, but you can also see minimum, average and maximum prices at a
glance.

The website allows searches for any individual set by Set Number or by Part
Name, Theme or Sub Theme.

If you need to research price data for several sets, download the latest
copy of the "MISBI Market Report".  This contains details of all sets sold
in the month, ordered by Set Number and also by Set Theme.  There are also
reports on items of special interest, advertisements from fellow Lego
community members and League Tables of top sellers etc.

I think that this is a WONDERFUL source for Lego collectors or for those who
want to start collecting.  I think the only thing that I would like to know
is why it has to be just MISB or MIB sets?  Why can't it be any set
regardless if it's boxed or not?  Yeah, it would take a lot of time to get
going, but that would be just as, if not more, valuable.  Anyone could go
and look up the set and see how much it was worth with or without box.  That
way you could see the large price difference.  And if there is no record of
a set that should say something about the set as well.  When I typed in some
set numbers, nothing came up at all.  There should be a page that says
something like eBay has no record of that Lego and include a picture or
something along those lines.  I was just waiting for a few moments for
something to show up until I noticed my wavy flag in the top right corner
was not moving.  :-)

Doesn't Bricklink have a feature where you can see what the highest, lowest,
and average price is for past sets that were put up?  Of course some have
never been on Bricklink, but still.  I have sets that I have never seen (or
have seen no more than once) on eBay or Bricklink so I get the impression
they're worth SOMETHING, right?   :-)

Great job though...what an excellent idea!

Brendan
Duck360198@aol.com