 General / 40688
Re: Which 1x4x3 is better for skyscrapers: clear or transparent?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:19:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras writes:
I want to buy some 1x4x3 wall elements for building a skyscraper. What looks
better: the clear ones (3507) or the tinted blue ones (3447)?

When some of us built two very large (8 foot) buildings for the National
Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas last spring, Paul Thomas
chose clear and Thomas Michon chose transparent light blue. Ever since the
event, Paul has been asking Thomas to trade him some blues for some clears.
That's one answer <g>.

Thomas likes the blue ones best for realism. The downside is that chosing
any color limits the compatible colors you can work with whereas clear goes
with anything. If you want realism, this isn't so bad since you will
probably go for shades of gray and earth tones with limited use of bright
red, blue, green, yellow, orange, etc. The downside of clear is that you
have to pay more attention to what's inside the building since you can see
inside better and they show dirt and grease more than the blue ones.

Clear has its uses, but we definitely suggest you go blue to start.

-Ted