 General / 40563
    Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —Brendan Coughlin
   Hi everyone! Well, as we all know, Lego has really expanded its name with everyday names such as the NBA, MLS, Nike, Shell, etc. etc. But has Lego ever been involved in a poor marketing decision? I think I may have found one marketing decision that (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —Tommy Rainwater
     In lugnet.general, Brendan Coughlin writes (...) Well, I hate to take this thread down an R-rated path (Off topic no less)... but here is one that will give you a chuckle... or something... I was reading in one of my Industrial Design Magazines, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) I can't view the images until the folder has been moderated (or you supply the URL's to the images rather then the BrickShelf ID (the URL should end with .jpg or whatever file type they are). Still, I imagine a lot of Zippo-copy's use their (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —Kerry Raymond
     (...) owner (...) Irrespective of whether it's an official Zippo or an officially-approved use of the Lego logo, who on earth is the target market for this product? I would have thought a Zippo lighter might be more attractive to its target market (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —Ross Crawford
     (...) Or a playboy logo? ROSCO FUT: .o-t.fun (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —John P. Henderson
     (...) The way to know whether it is an official Zippo product (and not a clone) is to check the bottom. There should be an engraved Zippo logo there. (Your pics don't show the bottom.) ...Where did you find these? I would imagine that Zippo might (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —Lester Witter
     (...) Lighters have uses beyond smoking and Zippo's are used by many of the outdoors types for other non-tobacco related incinderary issues. Lester (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —Tony Alexander
     (...) Hear, Hear!! They're especially useful for lighting the old gas lantern so you can see your plastic pieces enough to build with them while you're out camping. Watch you don't let them get too close, though! That would be brick abuse! And use a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing? —William R. Ward
   (...) Where did you find this? In a retail shop? I was thinking that perhaps it was a gift from LEGO to some employee after 10 years of faithful service, or something of that ilk. That might make some sense. --Bill. (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)