 General / 40563
40562  |  40564
Subject:
Now does this qualify as good Lego marketing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 04:15:56 GMT

Hi everyone!

Well, as we all know, Lego has really expanded its name with everyday names
such as the NBA, MLS, Nike, Shell, etc. etc.  But has Lego ever been
involved in a poor marketing decision?  I think I may have found one
marketing decision that isn't the best, but I find it kind of amusing.

Who knows, some people may find this horrible, but when I saw it for the
first time I was just chuckling to myself.  Here are the pics:

I should have put the pics in their own folder but forgot...sorry for the
inconvenience.  But that's right, it's a Zippo lighter!  Certainly no one
would just put the Lego logo on without Lego approving right?  I mean Lego
has to say "yes, put our logo on a lighter" right?

Ah well, it still cracks me up!  Enjoy!

By the way, if you want one let me know.  I have a few!

Brendan
Duck360198@aol.com