 General / 4055
Re: Minifig torsos...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 13:43:01 GMT

On Sun, 9 May 1999 21:09:53 GMT, "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com>
wrote:

It seems to me like it would make it a LOT easier to snap the minifig
strongly onto standard bricks.  That's about the only thing I can think of
offhand.

That doesn't seem to be the case.  At least in the limited test I
performed.  If anything, the bond between the standard plate and the
X-torso was weaker than the bond between the plate and the standard torso.

But the new torso interior could allow types of hip-attachments other than
the two-stud approach.

Or it could just be a redesign to make it easier for small kids to assemble
their minifigs.  The classic design tends to require a certain amount of
force to eliminate all gap between the hips and torso.  The new design
might reduce the force required.

I doubt that TLG would have redesigned their minifigs in 1998 just because
they were working on an unfinalized deal with Lucasfilm, and they were
thinking about ways to create Yodas and Chewbaccas.

Steve