 General / 4043
Re: Minifig torsos...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 21:09:53 GMT

It seems to me like it would make it a LOT easier to snap the minifig
strongly onto standard bricks.  That's about the only thing I can think of
offhand.

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
Joshua Delahunty <dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote:
Thanks.  I'm not so sure I'm sure enough about it to call it a theory,
so I'm happy that you've kept it secret in case I'm way off.

Safe to call it a hypothesis?

:-)

I first noticed (or was told, it all happened about the same time) from
the torsos in the soccer sets.  So, it's really from 1998 and later
torsos.

Considering how TLG likes to LESSEN the amount of plastic in their molds
over time, there must be a powerful reason for those to be there. WHAT
could it be?  :-)

Dunno.  What could it be?

How does an increase in the amount of plastic ribbing inside the bottom of
the minifig torso change its connection properties?

(That's not a rhetorical question to suggest that it doesn't; it's a real
question with a real answer.)

--Todd

--
Tom Stangl