 General / 4044
Re: Minifig torsos...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 22:50:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, talonts@vfaq.com (Tom Stangl, VFAQman) writes:
Considering how TLG likes to LESSEN the amount of plastic in their molds
over time, there must be a powerful reason for those to be there. WHAT
could it be?  :-)

Dunno.  What could it be?

How does an increase in the amount of plastic ribbing inside the bottom of
the minifig torso change its connection properties?

It seems to me like it would make it a LOT easier to snap the minifig
strongly onto standard bricks.  That's about the only thing I can think of
offhand.

Yup!  That was our thought too (Joshua pointed it out to me).

Now, other than old Castle queen minifigs with 2x2x2 sloped dresses and
galleons figures on the front of pirateships (both of which haven't been in
production for eons) what sorts of minifigs designs would benefit from
snapping on more strongly onto standard bricks?

"Chew" on that.  :-)

--Todd