 General / 40210
Re: Animals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:37:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Pedro Silva writes:
Yes, I wrote COWS! Those big animals one sees in farms all over the
inhabited world? The ones where we get most of the milk? That's right.

They've been making one-piece LEGO cows for some time now:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9137

You'll also find one-piece pigs and roosters in this set.

turkeys (for LEGO thanksgiving?)

If it's a Thankgiving turkey you're looking for, they've also had that
available for a few years now.  Hard to find, but it's out there.  There's
even one available on Bricklink right now for the entirely reasonable price
of only $25.00:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=33048

I realize that these animals are not quite at the minifig scale we might all
prefer, but they are out there.  I have certainly seen people use the turkey
in a minifig setting, and I would guess it's not any further out-of-scale
than the DUPLO (ahem, I mean, excuse me, EXPLORE) animals -- although I'd
love it if someone who has these animals could do a size-comparison with a
minifig.

There are also some out-of-scale instances of LEGO dogs, if you're into that
sort of thing.  I'll let other point those out.

I would also very much like to see LEGO make more minifig-scale farm
animals.  I think a whole Farm subtheme of Town is in high order.  But in
the meantime, the options are the EXPLORE animals or to make them yourself.
See my cows:

http://bricktestament.com/genesis/pharaohs_dream/gn41_18.html

[WARNING: Do not click the "Next" button from that page if an illustration
of cows eating other cows is too disturbing for you.]  @8^)

-The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith