 General / 40205
Re: Animals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 17:06:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Evan Butzlaff writes:
You know, I think cows would be right with Adventures OE.  They are in
India, right? People in India think they're holy, right?  What's the deal?
Is lego afraid that the people of India will think that lego is mocking
their religion?  Anybody here think they know what's going on?

I think you're giving Lego credit for a depth and range of thought on a
subject that they probably never even considered for one second.  Yes, for
the part of the world that the new Orient Expedition sets represent, a cow
might be considered appropriate as part of the background setting.  On the
other hand, a cow doesn't exactly conjure up thoughts of "adventure."  And
that's why I think Lego probably never even considered a cow as part of OE sets.

Furthermore, if they didn't bother to come up with a cow for the Wild West
theme where they actually had COWboy mini-figs, it's seems even less likely
that they would plop a bovine down in the midst of a theme such as OE where
the connection is more tenuous.

Like others though, I would LOVE to see a cow element so that old west and
farm scenes could be made more realistic.

Greg