 General / 39602
  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) I hate to say it but this site is more or less dead to me now. I never check the recent additions anymore. I never upload anything to it now (and I'm considering revising my website so it doesn't point to anymore images there). I honestly (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

A big "me to" here. It is really a sad thing to see happen. Not only was it slow when you first brought up this topic, but I feel it is worse now. I feel it may be a result of lack of $$$ which means less bandwith. KL, just ask and I know you shall (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) Yeah...I would have no problem paying for my account, so long as they eliminate the moderation process. (who would honestly upload files of poor discretion if they're paying for the account?) Other than that, and the thought that the paid (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Test.

Test. (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

You know, this is sounding like a really good idea! I see something a lot like how Lugnet is working, where you can have posting abilities w/o membership, but no added benefits. and benefits could include loading w/o moderation (and if someone does (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

You are right, Jon. People need to realize that "free" is relative anyway. Sure, Kevin did a great deed in setting up the site and helping to build the community. However, it is part of a community, and it looses most of its value if the community (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) NOOOOO. You don't want TLC to buy BrickShelf. Why? You think there is moderation now? You think it's painfully slow now? On the other hand, TLC could (and does) support BrickShelf. Kevin could do some investigation of costs though, and come to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Funny, I really don't have any problems. Large pictures come slowly, and some people upload BMP's (KL, an idea could to to convert to the JPGs). BMPs take years to see, but for normal sized pictures (I prefer max 800x600) come at a normal speed. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

The speed -or lack thereof- of Brickshelf wouldn't have anything to do with high-trafic sites using Brickshelf for all their picture content? Duq "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3DE55B80.461BBE...ing.com... (...) anyway. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) Geekshelf has it's own separate pool of bandwidth. While it too is currently maxed out (also due to unexpected popularity), it does not affect the Brickshelf bandwidth. In other words, if Geekshelf were shut off, you would not see any (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) That's good news. As long as there are no pop-up ads, I'm fine with it. Anything to help Brickshelf! -JHK (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) That's good news. As long as there are no pop-up ads, I'm fine with it. Anything to help Brickshelf! -JHK (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Aack! Why do I get so many double-postings now? -JHK (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) untill he had to start moderating anything that goes into it. I hate to say it, but brickshelf is beginning to lose favor with me too. *sniff* (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) I would MUCH rather see a paid subscription service, than to see Brickshelf succumb to corporate sponsors. Especially if they're sponsors that have nothing to do with the LEGO hobby. Please Kevin, allow users to pay you something like $10/yr, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Kevin -- any feedback on this? -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) A few ideas to ignore... 1) If folks would use their brickshelf accounts as if they were paying for them there'd be a lot less bandwidth used. Limits to image and folder sizes have been suggested before. Other bandwidth-limiting features might (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Snipped a lot of good suggestions about being a bit more economical. (...) Weird, I bought space there too and am not getting spammed. Why is that? Wonder if it was one of those "look hard and make sure you uncheck it or else you said you wanted it" (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) Yea, so, of course, you are probably right. There is a huge potential for them to muck it all up. I guess I just dream of it being well supported, as well as being a strong community for sharing our Lego projects. I think TLG has the resources (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)