 General / 38701
  Re: NBA

(...) You make some good points Bruce! I wonder when that "Poll" was conducted. Was it with a group of children from various races? Hmmm.... I just don't buy the whole idea of a design "standard" that Lego is trying to stay so true to... The range (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NBA

"Tommy Rainwater" <info@plasticbrick.com> wrote in message news:H34D87.B67@lugnet.com... (...) head (...) as (...) I like LEGO's direction of keeping a standard colour for the minifig heads because I believe by doing so, LEGO actually sends out a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

(...) I know this topic has been debated waaay too many times, but since Lego started representing real-life people (Starwars, etc) this problem was bound to come up. Personally I think it's too much of a stretch representing a black person with (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

I think that TLC is very, very afraid that things might get out of hands once they do such a thing. A few jears ago a Polish artist created -as a work of art- a line of sets of wich you could build the components of a concentration camp. This (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

I just read this whole thread so far (although didn't read the previous threads on the subject). This is a tough one. I can see valid arguements on both sides. Make all mini-figs based on the original yellow standard, or allow for various skin tones (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

(...) I don't think it has to be an all-or-nothing solution. I'm not advocating using realistic skin tones for all, just two - yellow for 'light races' (i.e. most of them) and brown for 'dark races' (african and aboriginal descent). I know yellow (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

(...) I disagree, using yellow for Lando, Mace, etc. would be no more silly than Luke, Han, Obi-wan, etc. already look in bright yellow. When TLC announced the Star Wars licence I had hoped they would make the characters skin toned but leave (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NBA

(...) snip (...) I could'nt agree more. I remember e-mailing Lego & saying something to the effect that so far (before HP line) only aliens (SW), the undead (mummy) & the very near dead (Vader) were different colors. One could argue that Snape's (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

(...) I completely agree here too. yes-man Jeff ;) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NBA

(...) Nope...my best guess for the use of the glow-in-the-dark plastic on Snape's head is that LEGO was following the book characterization of him: "greasy black hair, a hooked nose, and sallow skin". The use of the glow-in-the-dark head got the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

(...) Was it a double standard that they made a new hairpiece for Leia, while giving Han and Luke the old stock piece? It is my personal belief (and this is probably why we disagree) that standard yellow *is* adequate to represent the majority of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

(...) I agree Micheal! What if Lego decides to make specific, individual player figs for the upcoming NBA line? (Unlikely...) Do you think that "yellow" would fly for Michael Jordan? Hardly! What about A Lego Golf line? (That'd be cool!) Would a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)