 General / 35637
    Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Scott E. Sanburn
   To All, I am not totally sure where to put this, this goes under experience. LMK if there is a more appropriate place. My lovely and gracious wife, Lynn, decided to paint a newly purchased cabinet for one of our bathrooms. I got home on Tuesday, and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —James Trobaugh
      Bummer Scott. I had a experence sorta related, but mine was more my fault or so I was told by my NLSO. I had recently changed the light bulbs in my LSF(basement room) and was in the process of sorting some bulk bricks, so I had 7-8 blue tubs on the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Scott E. Sanburn
     James & All, (...) And the NLSO is always right! ; ) (...) Wow, that is an interesting event. I think when MichLTC was at GATS in January, I think I spilled a Coke or Pepsi or something in my 3033 bin of green bricks, because some of them were (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Wayne McCaul
   Well, I'm not sure if this is comparable, but... My wife -it seems to me- operates under the feeling that she "allows" a lego collection to exist at all. Not in so many words, but it's clearly a constant nuisance to her. My biggest problem is that I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Scott E. Sanburn
     Wayne & All, (...) Heh, I am sure most of us married AFOL's have that same situation, in one way or another. I told my wife the only thing I wanted in a house was a LEGO Storage Facility, err... basement. (...) I have had that for many years as (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Thomas Avery
      In lugnet.general, Scott E. Sanburn writes: <snip> (...) Have you ever searched through a litter box? [1] Fortunately, my wife stays out of my LSF (aka "Lego room"), but that is just her choice and not a rule (and I don't have the authority to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

          Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —John P. Henderson
      (...) My LSF (I like that term, BTW) is protected by an indoor radio fence. The cat is smart though, trying everything to wear the batteries in his collar down quickly so that he can regain access without the electric shock... And the batteries are (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Shaun Sullivan
      (...) I lucked out in this regard ... I met my wife while we were both studying abroad, so of course I was sans LEGO. Which means she had plenty of time to see me for the adorable and irresistable person I am *BEFORE* LEGO came into the picture (for (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Mark Sandlin
     (...) I think I'm going to go give my wife a big ol' smooch. My LEGO collection is proudly displayed in the living room. We've never had this type of argument or discussion. I feel bad for you guys. Of course, pehaps this is based on the fundamental (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) We too have very limited space, just under 50 square meters divided over two rooms and one kitchen. That was an unsolvable equation. I started out in the kitchen, rendering the kitchen table useless. As the collection grew I inserted an extra (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Adrian Drake
      (...) Wow, Tobbe, that's quite a tight space you have to squeeze yourself into :) My "geek room", where my lego and computers are, is about half the size of your entire apartment :) Thankfully, I have a fairly large house and an extremely (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Pedro Silva
     One word for you: Propose! I mean, you live tight, your LEGO takes half your space, and your girlfriend RETURNS to live with you? Mate, you've found the perfect LEGO-wife. Congrats! :-P Pedro (Still under yesterday's spirit...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) LOL! I know she's perfect .) /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items —Kirby Warden
   (...) Heh, I'm pretty fortunate. My wife not only builds with me once in a blue moon, but she even takes pictures of some of my mocs once in awhile! The only time she gets upset is if I spend too much time building or if I by too many at once or if (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.general)