 General / 35645
Re: Experience of Frustration - Wife, Paint, and LEGO Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:39:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott E. Sanburn writes:

That is a situation to deal with. As I said many times before, when my then
date saw my LEGO addiction, and didn't run away screaming, I knew she was
the one for me. : )

I lucked out in this regard ... I met my wife while we were both studying
abroad, so of course I was sans LEGO.  Which means she had plenty of time to
see me for the adorable and irresistable person I am *BEFORE* LEGO came into
the picture (for her).  I did my best to warn her, but I recall her stopping,
staring, and blinking for an extended period of time when she finally saw,
months later, what I was talking about.  But by that time, she was too far
enchanted by my charms ;)

Well, that's the way *I* like to see it, anyway.

Of course, that doesn't give me any special treatment when it comes to LEGO
storage.  I too have a basement LEGO room, which isn't really even heated per
se.  There's been much dicussion abotu getting a spaceheater - "if you're good,
maybe we'll get you a space heater ..." - but it hasn't happened yet.  Luckily
warmer weather is coming soon ... *shiver*

-s