 General / 34342
Re: my biggest beef with the new product is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:36:52 GMT

Fredrik, Kevin:

To be fair, I think what Jonathan alludes to is the infiltration of elements
from the Jack Stoned, Bionickle, LOM, and other non-traditional element
lines into the regular system themed lines like Star Wars and Alpha Team.
The sets for the year 2002 now include reject elements from those other
lines.  One might find the occasional unique use for these elements, but it
further devalues buying these sets purely as parts packs. TLC is diluting
the available amount of system elements you get with each new set! Frankly,
I do think it's kinda crazy on their part...

Buying from a secondary market may be okay for y'all -- but I prefer to buy
new whenever possible and I don't need any additional shipping charges if I
can avoid buying from persons selling on brickbay/ebay.  Buying elements via
those channels also makes it difficult to purchase the quantities of an
element one may want, also forces one to deal with numerous sellers, and is
often done at a premium for all but the most common elements (there is also
attendent payments, paperwork, order tracking, etc).  Also, I never wanted
to be a lego resaler, so I am not much pursuaded by the argument that I
should part out the stuff I don't want -- there's is probably more time and
effort involved in doing so than would likely appeal to me.

TLC use to sell a better variety of bulk bricks and accessory packs, as well
as make much better sets.  I admit that we go 'round and 'round with these
arguments, but I am not sure I understand the resistance to someone making
them anew if he feels he has cause to do so. TLC, LD could be doing better.
To me it's just a fact.

-- Hop-Frog