 General / 34341
Re: Torso question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:04:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adam Murtha writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6409/6409-02.html

Hah!  You wish she was easy to find.  Your other problem is The Frank Filz
Effect: the apparent unavailability of an item because someone is buying
them all, all the time -- except that I am the possible cause in this case.
*I* am buying almost all that I see of this figure if the price isn't too
crazy, and I note that the price on the figure has been falling since I
began buying them. That figure is one of the unique figures that provides me
with the head that is common to my 40+ Blacktron maidens with black conical
hat. BTW, I still need some 25 or so of these heads.

I normally refer to this figure as the "paradisa babe," or the figure with
the "open mouth paradisa pattern."  You will find them priced variously from
$2.50-$7.00 USD, try searching the word "Paradisa" to find them. The torso
pattern may be slightly more easy to get than the head. Be sure to
specifically inquire as to whether the figure has the desired head, if that
is important to you. If you didn't want the open mouth heads, I could offset
the cost of these babes, should you find any, by buying/trading just the
heads off of you (but they would have to be in truly excellent condition, no
smeared printing). My most common method of searching for this figure is
simply to search someone's minifigures when I am buying other stuff from
them anyway and add it on at the end.

If you wanted just one figure (different head, different hair), I could
probably oblige you if you traded me something interesting for her (as a
starting point, imagine that she has a perceived value of $3-4 to me).

-- Hop-Frog