 General / 34340
Re: my biggest beef with the new product is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:21:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Jonathan Wilson <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> writes:

They look really crap IMHO and I will most likely NOT be getting most
of the new sets with the curved pieces.

I think this is a sensible attitude.  If you don't like some
particular sets or parts, simply don't buy them!  It's as simple as
that.

YUP...That is the best plan.  Jack Stone sets are for 4 year-old and younger
children--you should not want them anyway so please stop ranting about Jack
Stone.  Racers are also not intended for someone your age, Johnathan and I
don't blame you for not wanting them as they are rather junky and simplistic.

I have not seen the Star Wars sets for 2002 yet, so I don't know what your
complaint with those is.  But so far, Star Wars sets have provided dozens of
new pieces and dozens of sloped bricks in different colors.  I think that Star
Wars sets are definitely the best sets to come along in many years in regards
to supplying good parts to build with.

There are numerous ways that you can sell off parts that you do not want--why
not try that to get rid of parts you will never use.  Or you could buy more
Lego from those venues.  That is what I do.

It is apparent that the Lego Company does not really want my money any more
and
I am fine with that.  I have not bought a Lego set at full price retail for
well over a year.  I have only ordered from Lego Shop at Home for their
Exclusive and Lego Direct items.

Instead of buying new Lego in stores, I spend a few thousand dollars a month
on
Lego from Brickbay and Ebay.  I would much rather buy used Lego sets from the
1960's, 70's and 80's than I would any sets available today.  But I DO NOT
continually gripe about it here on Lugnet as you do.

Like you, I am willing to spend my money on Lego.  Since the stuff I am
looking
for is not in stores, I have simply stopped looking.  I look to second-hand
and
consignment shops, goodwill shops, garage sales, and especially Brickbay and
Ebay.  I get what I want--less money and more Lego.  I get good quality useful
Lego pieces that I can build with and that is what matters to me.  Yes, I
would
rather buy New Lego, but that is not possible, so I shut up and keep building
with what I have.

Be happy with the Lego that you have already--and go build something with it.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego brick enthusiast for over 20 years....

.