 General / 34345
Re: my biggest beef with the new product is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:41:05 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> writes:

One might find the occasional unique use for these elements, but it
further devalues buying these sets purely as parts packs. TLC is
diluting the available amount of system elements you get with each
new set! Frankly, I do think it's kinda crazy on their part...

I just wanted to make one more comment about this issue.  From time to
time, I buy some SYSTEM sets myself for the parts included.  But I'm
reluctant to buy them because I get these heaps of minifigs included
that I have no use for.  They fill up my buckets!  But still I don't
complain, because I know that kids like to play with minifigs.  I did
when I was a child.

As a child, I loved every new specialized element I could get my hands
on.  The kid in the street with the most specialized elements was the
coolest, no doubt about it.  I see no reason why kids today shouldn't
feel the same about them.  Perhaps sets with lots of single use
specialized elements sell really well?  Perhaps that is why we see
them around all the time?

Fredrik