 General / 33985
  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@...vista.net> wrote in message news:GMn6Cr.5y0@lugnet.com... (...) They have had all the input and direction they need via Lugnet. My thoughts aren't too dissimilar to many others here. I can't see Lego having (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) My turn to disagree. :) I think they haven't had nearly enough constructive criticism here on LUGNET. Sure they've had some. Just do a search on my name and you'll find 20 or 30 posts in the last few months on this exact topic. But I wonder (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

I'm gonna stick my nose in here, and say I agree whole hartedly. besides that you can now save money :-) I haven't bought anything from lego in aprox 9 monthes. of coarse I'm going into my dark ages, so you might have different results with not (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Mmm. Well. At least it is only the set design, and not the product itself that has our opinions on the downslope. ...Whoa! Now you hold on there TLC! Don't you dare think about changing your recipe for high precision molded ABS!! <smirk & (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Agreed. You might go so far as to say one of the only things holding sales up is that some of the sets being sold contain some original style bricks which are still made of the original recipe. But of course my argument is that if the sets (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) Disagree. Seems like in the last year or two, I've experienced (and heard about) many more problems with the bricks - warped pieces, mismolded parts, parts without 'clutch power' - than in previous years. I think LEGO has definitely cut (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) My own experience does not reflect this. The last time I found a QA problem was with a few long 2X plates that were warped slightly and thus connected poorly -oddly enough this was in what now is considered one of the all time best sets -the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) "Ultimately future adult fans" ...That is what I've been thinking. If indeed the quality (whether of set design, themes offeres, over-licensing, juniorization, etc., or of element quality) should slip too much, then the young generation will (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks

(...) ABS!! (...) It's interesting, I've heard that a lot, but though the vast majority of the brick I now own have been purchased in the last two years (probably more new than S/H, but I haven't counted), I've yet to come across any "bad bricks". (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.general)