 General / 32151
Re: 30 posts away? [[Freedoms]]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:15:08 GMT

In lugnet.org, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org, Matthew Gerber writes:
If Richard's little toung-in-cheek ribbing of the high-volume groups is
unwelcome, then so too must be any obiquitous post from left-field.
[snip examples]

My take on it is that it's "ok" up to a point. Obviously, once a group is
dominated by left-field remarks, it's no longer relevant and should be moved
elsewhere.

Right...and as a .org group, it SHOULD be up to them to poilce
themselves...but perhaps not in public, and not so vehemently, in my mind.

The other danger of having lots of these remarks being that people
may stop reading the group (and posting to it!) for lack of interesting content
(to them).

Jesse Alan Long Syndrome.

<little snip>

Where's the line? Probably different for everyone. I haven't been reading
rtlToronto (except a couple cross-posts into NELUG), but as long as the
majority of posts in the group are "in bounds" for the group, no problem by
me...

Yep...it's all about tolerable lines...Calum's seems to have been
crossed...other's weren't...

Matt