 General / 31220
Re: And Australia Leads by one.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:16:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Howse writes:
Over the last couple of weeks the Australian group has caught up to the UK
group in total number of posts. Despite the fact that Australia has an order
of magnitude less in population and hence fewer posters here it seems that
the ones they do have are, well, noisy. It is left to the reader to decide
the relative merits of noisyness but hopefully such volume (number and
loudness) augers well for the growth of Australian fan groups.

James (who's proud to be an Australian)

Well, I guess everyone eats their Vegemite toast and weet-bix!... Actually
they do say that Australia has utilises computers far more than any other
country in the world.  And I guess that also means that on the personal
side, we seem to have more in the general household as well.  We are a lucky
country and even though there are country's that are far more cheaper than
ourselves we do (if you work it out) come even in many ways, after all the
average wage in the US works out to be around the same as Australia, so
therefore Lego for one also works out to be around the same, in some cases
more and in some less or the same bar a few cents.  The only ones who win
are those who have the top jobs.  But when it comes to a sale, and it
doesn't matter where or what country you are in either, just have to be in
the right place at the right time.  I, myself have picked up many goodies
from all over.  And last but not least... I am also proud to be a little
Vegemite :)

Mel (who is glad to have the chance to get the $14,000 1st home buyers grant)

P.S what number post is this?  Did I pass the test? heh "Mum are we there yet?"