 General / 31129
Re: MOC Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:05:19 GMT

    It was My Comet Cursor. I don't know what a browser plugin is. All I do
know is it installed without even a notice. I realized it after our cursor
changed and I saw a new thing next to the time on the computer. I was under
the impression ALL software had to ask first. I could be wrong. Ken's the
computer person not me, and he's still in a semi-unconscious state in the
hospital.
--
Nicole Rienhart-Drumm wife of
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

"Ray Kremer" <raykremer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
What was it, CometCursors?  That's just a browser plug-in, and in my • experience
plug-ins don't install unless you tell them to.

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
I am VERY unhappy with your site. I went to the "obsessed" section and • your
site installed some sort of cursor software on all 15 networked PC's in • our
home WITHOUT EVEN ASKING !!!!! It took over 2 hours to take it off all • our
machines! I suggest you let people know BEFORE they enter that page or
remove from your site. My husband, when he gets home from the hospital • will
not be happy with this. Please take one of the actions I stated. I don't
want to see your website reported for something you can fix.