 General / 31135
Re: MOC Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
   It was My Comet Cursor. I don't know what a browser plugin is. All I do
know is it installed without even a notice. I realized it after our cursor
changed and I saw a new thing next to the time on the computer. I was under
the impression ALL software had to ask first.
--
Nicole Rienhart-Drumm wife of
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

Well I hate to say it but very little software asks for your permission these
days to do anything.  Spyware is embedded in all kinds of different software
programs that you may buy off the shelf at the store, let alone something you
downloaded from the Internet.  Besides spyware, lots of websites are tracking
you across the Internet.  Doubleclick is a good example.  They follow you from
website to website and you may end up on a site that has nothing to do with
Doubleclick but they still are following and monitoring you anyway.  Nowadays,
to protect yourself and your computers, you have to be very commuter literate.
Its unfortunate but true.  So please don't blame any particular website until
you're sure that is where it came from.  JMHO.

Katie