 General / 31210
Re: MOC Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 02:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
   It was My Comet Cursor. I don't know what a browser plugin is. All I do
know is it installed without even a notice. I realized it after our cursor
changed and I saw a new thing next to the time on the computer. I was under
the impression ALL software had to ask first. I could be wrong.

I think the browser will usually ask, *but* I think for MSIE, everytime
it asks, there is an option to check a box to never ask again.  If
someone had done that on your machine, then things would install
automatically without asking you.  The security level you have set
may affect it as well.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada