 General / 3083
Re: How many Technic people? (Was Re: Lego Supercar II?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:39:39 GMT

Snipped here and there.

Robert Farver writes:
On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:07:10 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Good question. Myself, I see Technic models as "unfinished". I do
collect some anyway. I use Technic parts as a way to mechanize things or
bring them to life, or for certain constructions that can't be achieved
without them (my drop center, for instance).

<SNIP>

It was shortly
after this that I decided I liked the town system and jumped in with both feet
(and my wallet) and before long I was knee deep in LEGO.

Knee deep? I would love to have LEGO's up to the knees. Especially in a room
the size of my basement.

Like Larry, I think it will be useful for mechanizing things.  I am
still in more of an aquisition phase than a building phase right now, mainly
because my two children are only 2 and 3 years old.  When they are a little
older I expect to move into my building phase.

<SNIP>

I feel that I am just entering my building phase (thanks to Town JR). I enjoy
building Technic models but use the parts more like Larry, in the sense that
I need realism in the models that I build. I have a large enough collection
now that I can be descriminating in the type of sets that I buy, only
buying those that fit within my scope of building with parts that I know I
can use later in a creative way. I would probably buy more Technic, but the
sets that I want are too expensive to just go out and buy without talking it
over with my NLSO.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |