 General / 28935
  Re: Music while building

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie writes: One of the CD's I've got that's recently been playing a lot while I build is the soundtrack to "The Dig" computer game. I'm not sure who does the music for it, but it's fantastic incidental music. That, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  My Opus One (Was: Music while building)

Off topic: Here's a piece of music that I've written and performed. There was a drum track, but I'm not quite happy with it, so I excluded it. (URL) (1.21 Mb) I may use it as soundtrack to my train animation - if I ever make it... -- Tore Eriksson (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

Miles Davis While building, Jason Becker while looking back, Cycomotogoat while exhibiting. Purchased a 5 Disc CD changer So I would'nt have to get up while holding the unfinished main body of a 6 foot long preying mantis in my lap, surrounded by (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

(...) Personally, I skip the Changer and save my money for an mp3-capable cd-player. Meanwhile, an old Pentium 120 with WinAmp installed, connected to my stereo system serves the same purpose. -- Tore Eriksson Sweden ICQ: 76066510 LEGO: MOC++++ (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

Hey that works fine too. Very cool, but I Built My Praying Mantis Back in 95' thru 97', so...hey it was the best thing in Sears at the time! Imagine when My robot will play songs from the computer by just waving my hand. The Eye's/Lego Vision Cams (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

(...) Wow! I'm speachless. -- Tore Eriksson Sweden ICQ: 76066510 LEGO: MOC++++ FS,SP,TO++ TC+ LS YB@m (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

To All, (...) up (...) my (...) Well, i have a 400 CD changer, and it can go....... forever with the random feature. Nothing like hearing Amazing Grace and then something from Weird Al next. : ) It does wonders when I record for my Best list. No (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

400! If I were to press random on that and then I started to build the rest of my robot- which I approximate to take another 3 years, would the last song be finished when I was done? (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

That's what's possible!!!!!! I will make it a reality....stay tuned.... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

Eric & All, (...) rest (...) Definately, let's see I have aroun 250*60 = 15,000 minutes (250 hours), that would translate into roughly 10 days, if my math is correct (working 8 hours + pushing carts for 5 hours makes for a long day, so my math may (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Music while building

(...) Well, I just got mine in September, but it has been running fine so far. It is a Sony, a brand which I have had little trouble with so far. We shall see how long it lasts. It is so convenient, I could buy another one if it does die eventually. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Music while building

(...) I've thought about getting a big changer for this reason. The problem I have is that my collection is something like 800 CDs. I'm also concerned how long the player will last. I was replacing portable CD players every few years (and right now (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Music while building

To All, (...) Yes, that is correct. I am sure my collection will grow into another one, but hopefully not three! : ) (...) Indeed. Unless of course, you accidently put a LEGO box on top of the keyboard and forgot to unplug it. I have a variety of (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Music while building

(...) I've got a Sony 300, also since about last fall, and like Scott, I've never had significant problems with Sony stuff. The thing that's neat about the 300-changer (not that we need this) is that you can chain up to three of them together, to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Music while building

(...) I hope this won't be much of a debate: there's nothing illegal or even gray-area about the MP3 format, unless you use an encoder that infringes on the relavent technology patents. Legally, there's no difference between copying your CDs to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Music while building

(...) Exactly. How can a format be illegal? This kind of half-informed speak gives me hives. I used to watch a lot of CNN, and during the Napster flap they would talk about how users downloaded MP3s from the Napster website. Argh! eric (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Music while building

(...) The problem for me would be that I'd definitely need three (and depending on just how many of my albums are double CDs, I might have to trim to fit in 3, I suspect I'm only about 800 CDs though, I've got about 700 albums). Another hassle (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Music while building

Frank, (...) Indeed. (...) Ah, I see. I certainly like my Minidiscs for work and driving. No skip, editable, etc. It is a really neat item. I know some might not like the compression, btu I am not a music major, it is good enough for me (no offense (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Music while building

(...) This is effectively what I've done, though my CD collection is an order of magnitude smaller. I basically set up an encoder to encode as I played them, and eventually pretty much everything was on the hard disk. As I get new CDs, I play them (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)