 General / 28541
Re: Will Kjeld sell?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:30:29 GMT

What are Death Duties?

Eric

Message has 2 Replies:
  Re: Will Kjeld sell?

Eric, (...) I would guess that they are like the estate tax. If you have over x amount (I think your assets have to be over a million dollars for the US federal estate tax) the government taxes it at 55 or 60%, so effectively killing a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Will Kjeld sell?

"Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> skrev i meddelandet news:G9s08t.16K@lugnet.com... (...) Taxation on inheritance, I presume. In Sweden (and probably in Denmark too), it is nowadays almost impossible to inherit a large company, a castle, or anything (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)