 General / 27855
Re: Jack Stone= Playmobil anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:56:25 GMT

jonathan lill wrote in message ...
I have a question about that. Can anyone figure out how the 4611 police
station is constructed. It looks like they took long 1x1x8 bricks and set
them on end and I can't recognize the attachments used to construct the
different floors. Anyone have a guess?

I had a look at a retailers catalog and what it looks like is a new kind of
2x2 pillar with grooves on all four sides, into which panels slide to form
the walls. The hut-like-object in one of the Jurassic Park set pics looks
like it uses the same construction method.

To me, it looks completely un-Lego-like but I guess we'll have to wait and
see when it comes out, whether it can be used in other ways. If it's strong
enough and not too flimsy it might make good "curtain-wall" type skyscraper
walls.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1