 General / 27707
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:26:48 GMT

Wow Eric,  great job!  Looks like small town Main Street USA.   I really love
folks building in historical styles.  With attention to historical detail, the
results can be great.  I noticed Eric that you used one of my favorite pieces,
namely the very fancy Belville arch (here in white).  I would love to see them in
bulk as well.  Your streetscape is great!

Gary Istok

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes:

With expanded bulk sales, we are only at the beginning of the "Lego
Renaissance"!!
With greater parts availability, the sky is the limit for the collective
genius of AFOLs.

Although I wouldn't call myself a genius I would have to agree with you 100%.
I have been working on my Main Street scene for the NELUG Train Layout and the
Town building contest and Much of it would not have been possible without bulk
sales.  I have ordered lots of the 1x2x2 white classic windows as well as Dark
Gray and Tan Bricks (Until 3033 buckets are gone they will be my source for
primary colors) along with thousands of black 2x2 tiles.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/temp/

Unfortunately I like to use the 1x4x3 basic windows for most of my buildings
and those arn't available yet.  Thanks to Brickbay and other sources I have
obtained Red, Blue, and Dark Pink windows in this style in quantity.  Other
colors have been hard to come by and Ebay Prices are just a bit too steep for
me.

I am especially confident that town will do well as far as bulk
assortment is concerned.  It is after all the closest related Lego
System to Trains!!!  :-)

I definitely consider myself as having Trains for my Town as opposed to many
train heads that have a Town for their Trains.  You are right though, after
train stuff, town stuff is next in line for Train heads so they can have some
scenery for their layouts.

Eric Kingsley