 General / 27333
Re: Creator scourge strikes again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 05:36:07 GMT

in article G85w3s.KKv@lugnet.com, Will Hess at willhess@simflex.com wrote on
2/2/2001 9:20 PM:

Anyway, this is all pretty obvious, isn't?  The death of the mini-fig
appears  to me to be written on the wall.  It's difficult to imagine lego
maintaining two small figure scales indefinitely.  Lego seems intent on
competing with action figures more directly, and the slightly larger Creator
figs allow for that.

FWIW I think the death of the minifig is more about the expiration of the
patent
on those elements than anything else.  The Best Lock figs are a straight
rip-off
of the minifigs we all know and love.  I'd suspect Lego is going in this new
direction to distance themselves from the competition.

That's my .02....

Will

See, now I think this is just crazy.  Why on earth didn't Lego trademark the
minifig?  Then (although I am no lawyer), patent or no patent, no one else
could produce them without violating the trademark...

Rob