 Year / 2001 / 669
Re: Creator scourge strikes again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 02:20:25 GMT

Dave Low wrote:

In lugnet.year.2001, Tim Culberson writes:
Unless 2002 shows some sign of turnaround in the LEGO world, I'm afraid
LEGO will lose a fan/customer in all areas except for
technic/mindstorms.  Being a town fan, if I can't mix new LEGO with the
past 20 years worth of my collection then how am I to continue.

Creator is 100% compatible with System -- the _only_ major new element is
the fig. It's not classic Town, but I'd rather see a real building product
line aimed at 3-6 year olds than the current POOPy rubbish.

Yes I understand that but eventually one has to add some figs to his/her
town and seeing as creator is the closest thing to town these days I
don't see where we are going to get more town figs!  We can't have those
cyborg space dudes walking around our current-day town scenes
everywhere!...and the scruffy pirate guys are only good for homeless
winos and so forth - and you don't want your town to have too many of
them.

--
-TiM
NB, CA