 Year / 2001 / 663
Re: Creator scourge strikes again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:31:21 GMT

"J.D. Forinash" wrote:

In article <G85sKw.DrI@lugnet.com>, Kevin Zwicker <kevin1@netrover.com> wrote:
www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=4115-1
www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=4117-1
www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=4172-1

I don't think I like the Creator figures, but I also wonder what it was like
back in '78... "Arms?! On minifigs?!"

I remember it well.  My mom bought me set 709 Police Boat on an out of
town trip (I was 8 or 9) and I have a distinct memory of sitting in the
back seat (of a large, gas-guzzling Ford Ltd.) and opening the box,
building the model and moving the new, posable minifig.  I thought it
was GREAT that you could move the arms and legs and that the fig had a
smiley face painted on it!  The only thing I found strange was that you
couldn't take apart the torso and legs to make a fig sit like the
previous ones...at first I thought that a seated minifig looked stupid
and less realistic than the "lap" seating that was posible with the
older figures.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

One thing the Creator figs have going for them is they look more
"to scale".,,,

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <