 Year / 2001 / 637
Re: Creator scourge strikes again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 03:20:15 GMT

Anyway, this is all pretty obvious, isn't?  The death of the mini-fig
appears  to me to be written on the wall.  It's difficult to imagine lego
maintaining two small figure scales indefinitely.  Lego seems intent on
competing with action figures more directly, and the slightly larger Creator
figs allow for that.

FWIW I think the death of the minifig is more about the expiration of the patent
on those elements than anything else.  The Best Lock figs are a straight rip-off
of the minifigs we all know and love.  I'd suspect Lego is going in this new
direction to distance themselves from the competition.

That's my .02....

Will