 General / 26159
Re: How rare is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:28:46 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, William Brumbach writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, David Arnon writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, Kevin Loch writes:

Then there are translucent "white" axles.  These predated the
classic black axles and last appeared around ~1976.  These
are extremely rare due to their age.

I believe two of those (#8) axles appeared in <set:912>
- David

I still remember looking longingly at the catalogue at this set.  I still
am, boy do I want a 912 now.

junior

I was(am) lucky enough to actually have it :)
Hate to rub it in, but it was indeed a great set and I spent hours with it as a
child.
In many ways it was a pre-technic set (I think there was no Technic theme back
in 1976) with axles, motor, sprocket wheels and many working features. I just
loved the hovercraft that moved around spinning it's propellor!

I'm not sure, but I think that my 2x4 "BRICK with Technic axle holes in ALL
sides" that Kenneth is asking about is also from that set.

- David