 General / 21629
Re: Fabulous Lego Drawings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 22:55:20 GMT

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:G07pw8.1I9@lugnet.com...
While bumbling around recent additions to Kevin Loch's Brickshelf, I saw a
real treasure added by Frank Buiting.  While I haven't a clue as to what • the
text says the drawings are delightful and can be appreciated by all.

The scans are from issue 38 (september 1987) of the (dutch) LEGO newspaper.
Manfred Moolhuysen already explained a little in this message:
http://news.lugnet.com/fabuland/?n=219

I sure would like to know what the articles says, particularly the "good"
(Fabuland!)parts. Also, I interested in any other information about this
publication that is available.

Page 1 tells about "30 years of LEGO in the Netherlands" (so LEGO is
available in the Netherlands since 1957).
Page 2 and top of page 3 tell about the LEGO history
bottom of page 3 has some trivia ("Wisten jullie dat..." means "Did you
know?")
The other pages show the new sets released in the last quarter of 1987. Back
then there was only one catalog per year so we used to drool over those
pictures and descriptions of the new sets ;-)

The Fabuland story on page 5 is about Tilly's (Bonnie Bunny) Birthday. To
cut a long story short- everybody gets to eat cookies at the end (except for
the musicians, they get juice - you can't sing with a mouthfull of cookies!)
:-)

The only thread I have seen about it is
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/nl/?n=458
and beyond me.

The thread handles about collecting the issues of the "LEGO krant" online. I
have a few and (as we discovered in that thread) many other dutch AFOLs have
some too. The idea is to combine out collections online to get as many
newspapers together.
The only question left is "where to put the scans online". Brickshelf is
great for this, but it would be great if we could share an account and I
don't know yet what Kevin thinks of using sort of public scan account. I
wrote him an email but I have no response yet. Until I have no response I
keep my collection of newspapers in my account.

Frank included an extra special treat  for Fabulanders

I really liked this one, the monkey (the dutch name for this character was
"Apie Japie") was one of my first Fabuland figures :-) I thought this to be
a great icon for the collection of the newspapers (after all he looks like
an 'announcer' playing the drums!)

thanks bunches!

No problem! Hopefulley there will be more issues online in the future!

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/