 Fabuland / 227
Re: Fabulous Lego Drawings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 11:44:24 GMT

[trimmed down to lugnet.fabuland]

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:G0Arwu.1oM@lugnet.com...
Frank included an extra special treat  for Fabulanders

I really liked this one, the monkey (the dutch name for this character • was
"Apie Japie") was one of my first Fabuland figures :-) I thought this to • be
a great icon for the collection of the newspapers (after all he looks • like
an 'announcer' playing the drums!)

Yes, he does.  What a great name he has too.  Whatever it is in English
nothing could beat "Apie Japie".  I can't hear how it sounds, but it looks
great :-)

The dutch word for 'monkey' is 'aap' when changed to 'apie' it get a sweet
nickname-like meaning. Most dutch Fabuland characters have names like this
:-)
While browsing the set database I found that I was wrong - the monkey is not
the one I thought was this is set #3713, while "Apie Japie"is the one with
the cart #3604...

What was your first Fabuland set?  Which is your favorite set?

My first Fabuland set was #329, "Bear and pickup truck" I still have it and
it's by far my favorite character. I don't know his Fabuland name but
Icalled him 'Jantje' after a big cuddly toy-bear I had  ;-) I got in that
same year sets #350 "Town hall" and #343 "Cottage".
My favorite sets are #3679 "Mill with Shop" A windmill with a slide! What
more can a dutchie ask for ;-) and I like #3673 "Steamboat" It has great
characters, and the boat is a moving house, great stuff!
Oh, and I also like set #3667 "Bakery Shoppe" I don't know why, I don't have
it - but I remember wanting that set as a kid..

Tell me more? Do you keep your sets together as sets or do you build with
them, mixing the elements with those from other themes?  [I do this, I • hope
it doesn't make you cringe :-) ]

I keep most of my themes seperate, but I don't scare the idea of mixing
themes (I have childhood pictures to prove it!)
I don't have a Fabuland town anymore, I have kept all my figures and some of
the sets I really like. Then I sold some of the parts of the other sets to
Sybrand Bonsma. I figured that parts are there for playing not for storing
and since Sybrand is a Fabuland-nut, they're in good hands! :-)

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/