 Fabuland / 215
214  |  216
Subject:
Criteria for a good toy (was RE: Fabulous Lego Drawings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:14:21 GMT

sheree rosenkrantz writes:

My Dutch isn't excellent, so I didn't read the whole thing.  However,
bullets (or in this case a numbered list) always tends to catch the eye.  So
here is my translation of the list of criteria for a good toy:
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=12873)
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=12872)

1) It must provide limitless possibilities for play.
2) It must be for girls and boys equally.
3) It must be fun for all ages.                                   [AFOLs?]
4) Children must be able to play with it peacefully and safely.
5) Children must be able to play with it year round.
6) It must not bore quickly; it must remain absorbing for hours.
7) It must encourage planning, fantasy, and creativity.
8) The more of it you have, the more fun it must provide. [Business side?]
9) There must be extra (loose) components avaiable.     [Bulk ordering?!?]
10) The quality must be perfect down to the tiniest details.

I'm not sure of the translation of #9 (and even if it is correct, it could
very well apply to consumer affairs as well.)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
BXL34@po.cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/>