 Fabuland / 218
Re: Criteria for a good toy (was RE: Fabulous Lego Drawings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 20:53:56 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Bram Lambrecht writes:
1) It must provide limitless possibilities for play.
2) It must be for girls and boys equally.
3) It must be fun for all ages.                                   [AFOLs?]
4) Children must be able to play with it peacefully and safely.
5) Children must be able to play with it year round.
6) It must not bore quickly; it must remain absorbing for hours.
7) It must encourage planning, fantasy, and creativity.
8) The more of it you have, the more fun it must provide. [Business side?]
9) There must be extra (loose) components avaiable.     [Bulk ordering?!?]
10) The quality must be perfect down to the tiniest details.

I'm not sure of the translation of #9 (and even if it is correct, it could
very well apply to consumer affairs as well.)

I would say that all points are correctly translated, except for #7 where I
would say:

7) It must encourage development, fantasy, and creativity.

And lets face it, point #8 is also plain, simply true, isn't it ?

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.