 Fabuland / 225
Re: Fabulous Lego Drawings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 05:46:51 GMT

Manfred Moolhuysen <moom@nospamchello.nl> wrote in message
news:G08AoF.HC2@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.fabuland, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
I sure would like to know what the articles says, particularly the • "good"
(Fabuland!)parts. Also, I interested in any other information about this
publication that is available.  The only thread I have seen about it is
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/nl/?n=458
and beyond me.

This was a paper that the local Dutch Lego office issued as a marketing
instument. You could get them for free in the toy shops. A translated • quote
from the tread on local.nederland:

Aaahh! Nostalgia! Always whining to the shop's staff "Has the new LEGO • paper
arrived yet"

The first edition was pubished februari 15th 1976, it came out 4 times a • year
and existed for about 15 years. The nature of the content was mainly:

1. introduction of new sets and themes
2. 'advetorial' stuff aimed at parents
    (such as the "list of criteria", elsewhere in this tread)
3. entertaining (bed-time) stories aimed at young childred.
    (the large Fabuland article is an example of this, with the • appropriate
    reading-level, so if you want to learn Dutch, to be able to read the • paper,
    start there :-) By the way, I'm not planning to translate it. It's so
    sweet my teeth would hurt)

The booklets that come with the sets have this sweet quality to them also.
I feel it is not overly so because of  their whimsical nature.  Often a
character act a bit like rascals and scamps or does a really silly thing.
They express a real joy for life, living in the moment.  Who can not smile
when seeing Elton Elephant dancing on a tabletop after a peanut butter
milkshake or Ricky Racoon  driving his Scooter while upside down.   :-)

4. Lego trivia
5. somtimes a puzzle or competition

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Thank you for providing some background/historical  information about this
paper.  What a treat it must have been to get !  It is wonderful some are
still around.

sheree