 General / 2138
Re: Advice for trip to Billund?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:32:41 GMT

My advice for your trip to Billund is double check to make sure the
outside areas of the park are open, as the official opening date
seems to change from year to year.  I think the outside part opens
last weekend in March or first in April.

Yes, after hitchhiking north all the way through Germany (1) to
Copenhagen and then taking the train West and then taking the bus
to the park, we were told the outside was not open for another week,
very contrairy to what our tourbooks said.

The story does have a happy ending though.  After spending all
day pretty much alone mucking around the indoor exhibits, including
the room of a million bricks, we made our way sadly to the bus stop.
On the way we noticed an open gate and spent the next three or
four hours wondering around the outdoor exibits, avoiding late
workers and security gaurds.  I have a bunch of pictures from
behind fences and shrubbery.

Allen Carley
acarley@ix.netcom.com

(1)  I loved hitchhiking on the autobahn.  You just have to have
a little extra time allotted to your trip.  Of course, we had
planned for it and hadn't brought TOO much stuff.