 General / 2232
2231  |  2233
Subject:
Light Blue LEGO not made in sets since 1980?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:25:55 GMT

Grahame Reid wrote:

Eric Brok wrote:

snip

I just looked through your photos of the "German" section.  Fantastic • photos
and captions, by the way.  Why oh why won't they make some sets with a • bunch of
those brown bricks?!  And some of those gray pieces in that industrial
factory?!  Man, that thing is absolutely awesome.  And the light blue • (cyan?)
warehouse bricks.

An employee told me LEGOLAND has had light blue as a regular color from the
beginning, because they needed it for the airplanes of Maersk air, the
Danish company.

If you go to Huw Millington's promotional set database at:

http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/psd/index.html

and search for set number 1651, you will be able to see a container lorry from
the Maersk Line that uses the light blue bricks. This set is from 1980.

Grahame Reid

Does this mean that Orange LEGO could become as rare as the light blue LEGO that
was made in a promotional set (like the Target Store Orange Buckets) for Maersk
Line Airlines (Danish)  in 1980, and hasn't been seen since?

Gary Istok